A coolio fuck-ton of female arm angle references.
Credit goes to melsrefs (on tumblr). You should flood Mel’s inbox with fanmail so s/he’ll make more of these epic references.
A coolio fuck-ton of female arm angle references.
Credit goes to melsrefs (on tumblr). You should flood Mel’s inbox with fanmail so s/he’ll make more of these epic references.
Elie Saab - Spring Summer 2013
do you ever wonder how a character is doing after a series is over
Elena Satine - Cooking with the Sophisticates EP 5 “Food of the World”
Suikoden - Koroku & Thomas (source)
"I wish I’d partied a little less. People always say ‘be true to yourself.’ But that’s misleading, because there are two selves. There’s your short term self, and there’s your long term self. And if you’re only true to your short term self, your long term self slowly decays."
do you ever just meet someone who you think you wouldn’t really get close to but then like a year later they’ve become very close and dear to you and you just kinda think, wow im really glad i met this person i don’t know what i’d do without them
Capricorn & Scorpio - Kissing/In love
Body and Appearance
1. Describe the character’s height and build. Is he heavyset, thin, short, rangy?
Jaqs is under 5’5”. Somewhere between 5’2” and 5’4”. (But not 5’3”????) She wears a variation of the combat boot, making her appear taller (BY THE WAY, I found the perfect boot that she would wear, but I really like it for myself for some reason???? It doesn’t even have a heel! I keep thinking about them. I think I’m going to get them. FOR THE SAKE OF RESEARCH of course.)
She’s thin (but not petite shaped), not the most defined muscularly, having a more lean and long build.
2. How old is he?
Currently, in her mid-twenties. In the modern setting she’s recently found herself in, she’s probably around 25 or so. She’s a little less bratty now.
3. Describe his posture. Does he carry himself well or does he slouch?
She typically carries herself with a very open and free posture. Her weight tends to be off set in distribution when she stands still and she prefers to lean. She’s a leaner, leaning against walls, over counters, at table edges, anything. Despite this, her head is always held high, her face visible, and her shoulders are rarely pulled together or forward. When she’s on the move, she carries herself in a way that appears as though she is constantly listening to music. She has a habit of walking with her hands in her back pocket or thumbs hooked in the belt loops on the back side with elbows out. She’ll only do this if she is alone or completely at ease with the person she’s with because she uses her hands and movement to distract otherwise.
4. How is his health? Is he fit or out of shape? Any illnesses or conditions? Any physical disabilities?
Fit, she has to be for what she does, but she doesn’t exercise outside of sparring and fighting and she doesn’t eat well. At all. Even though she does have a love for fruits and raw foods due to its ease and her lack of cooking ability. No illnesses or physical disabilities.
5. How does he move? Is he clumsy, graceful, tense, fluid?
Jaqs is very fluid in her movements. Everything she does is with purpose. She can have her clumsy moments due to her reckless nature, though. The only times she has jerky movements is in her hands when she is speaking with a sort of excitement or if she is stopping suddenly, but these are more for show.
6. How attractive is this character physically? How does he perceive himself in the mirror?
Highly attractive and she knows it. She’ll use and abuse this fact to every advantage. It’s a simple fact to her that she considers as another weapon in her arsenal, therefore if she is complimented as such in a manner of flirtation and confidence, she’ll take to it harshly and with disgust. If, however, she is complimented in a matter-of-fact way, she’ll agree and respond with more of a flirty, playful demeanor.
7. Describe his complexion. Dark, light, clear, scarred?
Very pale, nearly unblemished skin aside from her torso and arms. She has small laceration scars, barely visible, on her back and stomach, two long scars on each of her forearms caused from shallow cuts, light burn marks scattered about, a single scar on her upper left arm that has been reopened a few times (the most obvious out of any of them, the others very light in coloration) and a highly prominent burn mark in the shape of a crest on the underside of her upper right arm. She has a small, incision scar on her forehead that is naturally blocked by her hair.
8. Describe his hair: color, texture, style.
Hairy texture? Soft? Like… hair? I don’t know. Like she washes it? Hygienic textured hair? OH! Not… frizzy? Smooth. We’ll go with smooth. Red haired, usually persimmon colored, but it has gotten brighter over the years. She wears it straight, medium length, and down for the most part, a fringe falling to the right and covering some of her eye. She’ll throw it up in a simple pony tail if necessary or during certain fights.
9. What color are his eyes?
Copper eyes. Or maybe spark colored. Depends who you ask. ;)
10. Does the character have any other noteworthy features?
Not really. Her face is less round and more long?
11. What are his chief tension centers?
I like how this meme has turned into me just asking whoever’s reading this (hi, ash) to answer for me.
If this is like where does she physically carry most of her stress, I suppose the… neck? Or side? I DON’T KNOW. WHY DO THESE QUESTIONS EXIST?? Jaqs doesn’t really feel tension like that, but she does enjoy stretching her neck and sides so…..???? bye to this question bye moving on
12. What is the character’s wardrobe like? Casual, dressy, utilitarian? Bright colors, pastels, neutrals? Is it varied, or does he have six of the same suit?
Jaqs wears a long sleeved shirt, various holsters, belts, long pants (usually fitted) and a variation of the combat boot, laced up and sitting on the outside of her pant leg, gloves, and a jacket of some kind. She doesn’t deviate from this very often, it being her day to day, but her closet does have many costumes and other types of outfits. “You never know who you’ll have to be to get what you want.”
Her wardrobe is mainly comprised of blues, black, and greys.
Secretly a fan of lace. One of her favorite dresses is a long-sleeved lace dress that cuts off mid thigh.
Generally, Jaqs likes anything she can move freely in.
13. Do his clothes fit well? Does he seem comfortable in them?
As long as she can move, Jaqs is comfortable. There isn’t much when it comes to clothing that she’d feel uncomfortable in. She can adapt well enough or would just rip a slit if need be.
14. Does he dress the same on the job as he does in his free time? If not, what are the differences?
Mostly. She’s always “on the job” if that could very well mean “ready to fight.” She’s very rarely ever found without her equipment on and mostly hidden.
15. You knew it was coming: Boxers, briefs or commando?
Depends what she’s wearing. ;)
1. What does this character’s voice sound like? High-pitched, deep, hoarse?
Raspy and ever changing based on the situation and who she’s speaking to. Her natural voice is about mid-range, not as high as it could be due to her naturally speaking from the throat.
2. How does he normally speak? Loud, soft, fast, evenly? Does he talk easily, or does he hesitate?
Slow and constant, for the most part, stressing certain words here and there and creating a playful fluidity with her words. Every word choice is chosen for a reason. She speaks intimately, not loud at all, but will rarely let up in order to keep control of a conversation and direct it where she wants it to go. She’s dodgy.
Jaqs can speak easily and without thought. She’ll only hesitate when considering how directly honest she wants to be. The more pauses, the more honesty she’s displaying.
3. Does the character have a distinct accent or dialect? Any individual quirks of pronunciation? Any, like, you know, verbal tics?
She drawls on purpose and will change her accent playfully. As for a distinct one…. yes? She has a northern accent. No definitive verbal ticks, but she does mispronounce a lot of things. She’ll “uh” occasional.
4. What language/s does he speak, and with how much fluency?
Fluent English, semi-fluent in….. you know, what? I’m not sure in regards to the modern, earth based setting! French, maybe. That’s make sense. In comparison to her original setting, I assume she can understand a decent amount of a demonic language, but nothing all that impressive. Enough to distinguish hostility or intent of making her a meal and perhaps enough to pull out recognizable syllables of names or locations. She’d be better at translating written word rather than verbal, but not by much. (In lotro, she can read elvish, but not speak it)
5. Does he switch languages or dialects in certain situations?
I……………….. answered this early. Go me. Obviously, I read these questions ahead of time.
Answer: Yes. Switching to a southern belle accent is one of her favorites.
6. Is he a good impromptu speaker, or does he have to think about his words?
Hey look, another one of these that I sort of already answered. #1 meme taker. Rarely has to think before she speaks. She’s not the best liar so most of what she says is the truth in some form just more or less vague or disguised within confusion or overly layered due to her dodging. Like her telling Byrn what was in the bag? (yes, I am speaking directly to you now, ash, hi) She said “time.” It was a clock so technically that was true. She’s a very flowery speaker ok! (which is so an answer for one of the questions earlier BUT I AM PUTTING THAT HERE OK you can’t stop me) (see I already did it) (and it is there FOREVER) (it lives there now)
7. Is he eloquent or inarticulate? Under what circumstances might this change?
I feel like all these questions are kind of the same so I’m just going to leave another “flowery” comment here and tack on “wordy.”
Flowery and wordy.
This changes when she is frustrated in terms of anything emotionally revealing. It’ll also change to more of a clipped speech when she is angered. And I mean angry angered.
Mental and Emotional (and now is when Jaqs SQUIRMS)
1. How intelligent is this character? Is he book-smart or street-smart?
Definitely more street-smart. She hasn’t attended a traditional school and has picked up most of what she knows from experience. She has read a lot, though I wouldn’t say she’s well read by any means. She simply believes knowledge is power and will read what she comes across. More importantly, she prefers tall tales and anything with a heroic journey. So………………… back to the question maybe? Street-smart.
2. Does he think on his feet, or does he need time to deliberate?
Jaqs is way more a on her feet thinker. She’ll typically take one scan of the situation and react. She is much more reactionary than deliberative, reckless or no. She thinks in the moment rather than prepare.
3. Describe the character’s thought process. Is he more logical, or more intuitive? Idealistic or practical?
Intuitive and idealistic. She bases herself on her intuition, but has a very idealistic nature about her when it comes to other people, especially people she respects. She has a reckless amount of unwavering faith in those people (until it is destroyed that is, then it can never be repaired).
Actual answer: She operates on instinct.
4. What kind of education has the character had?
None? None traditionally, anyways.
5. What are his areas of expertise? What, if anything, is he interested in learning more about?
She’s an expert in combat and covert ops (which includes a minor hacking ability which goes hand in hand with her lock picking, though only enough to make it easy for her to get into anywhere she may have to). This’ll sound like a cop-out, but she’s interested in learning about anything as long as she can sees a use in it. She’s into wood carving and whittling, but I wouldn’t say it’s an area of expertise.
6. Is he an introvert or an extrovert?
7. Describe the character’s temperament. Is he even-tempered or does he have mood swings? Cheerful or melancholy? Laid-back or driven?
Haha….. hahahaha….. Jaqs lives on the ends of either side of the temperament spectrum. There isn’t really a middle ground for her. Middle ground would be uncomfortable ground. She’s either very happy or very annoyed and the switch can happen in an instance. So…. mood swings? haha. Mostly cheerful and playful with very specific buttons that will absolutely set her off to the opposite side.
8. How does he respond to new people or situations? Is he suspicious, relaxed, timid, enthusiastic?
Suspiciously and curiously. She’ll talk to anyone and will usually have an enthusiasm about doing so until reaching a decision about them. A lot of the enthusiasm comes from her taking that time of conversation to suss out what they’re about. And because she’s just generally playful ok. I’m getting tired. Can you tell? These responses are turning dumb and short.
9. Is he more likely to act, or to react?
React! And she’ll react in ways to see what reaction she’ll get in return.
10. Which is his default: fight or flight?
Absolutely fight. No doubts about this one.
11. Describe the character’s sense of humor. Does he appreciate jokes? Puns? Gallows humor? Bathroom humor? Pranks?
Jaqs loves jokes that roll off of the ones she makes. She finds more humor in seriousness, though wholly adores when another humors her own playfulness. CAPTAIN. The calling her captain thing. She loved that. Basically, she likes natural, amidst the conversation humor rather than punch line jokes or puns. She relates to sarcasm well.
12. Does the character have any diagnosable mental disorders? If yes, how does he deal with them?
No. She has issues, not disorders. Moving on.
13. What moments in this character’s life have defined him as a person?
All of it?????? The biggest is probably all that happened with her brother, from the beginning to the unfortunate end.
14. What does he fear?
Horses! Do horses count? Not being able to fight (or get away) and emotional attachment.
15. What are his hopes or aspirations?
She doesn’t really have any. All she cares about is having fun, living, and going from moment to moment. She…… aspires for balance??? Maybe?? Jaqs does operate on balance and will return every favor even if the other doesn’t view it as such. It’s how most of her relationships work. She may not like the person she’s dealing with, but if they are of use to one another and are in a constant back and forth of doing things for the other, she’ll tolerate their existence for the sake of favors and balance. Also, it’s the only way to get her to open up. Expose yourself and she’ll do the same in return as long as she feels as though she is still in control of the situation and she’s not being asked directly for information.
16. What is something he doesn’t want anyone to find out about him?
Anything to do with her past. She considers herself as not having a “Before Now” especially after the memory mix thing that happened to her. She’s not 100% sure anymore of what is a real memory and what isn’t. Thanks, Azad. :|
1. Describe this character’s relationship with his parents.
Non-existent. Her mother died during childbirth and her father abandoned his children before she could develop any concrete memories of him. Jaqs does hold a deep… love may not be the right word… ?obsession?… for her mother, having idealized her with the stories her brother would share (most made up, though Jaqs remains clueless on this fact).
2. Does the character have any siblings? What is/was their relationship like?
A brother, Calix, who she massively idolized and followed faithfully until he gave in to the seduction of a demon. That moment, he became nothing but weak to her.
3. Are there other blood relatives to whom he is close? Are there ones he can’t stand?
4. Are there other, unrelated people whom he considers part of his family? What are his relationships with them?
Not really. Not anymore. Azad was the only, but she found herself having to kill him, too, so. Family is synonymous with death.
5. Who is/was the character’s best friend? How did they meet?
……………………… Josie????? Does Byrn count now? They did fall in best-friends-at-first-sight.
6. Does he have other close friends?
Close?? CLOSE?? She can’t possibly accept that as an adjective for her current relationships. That’s getting into danger territory. She’s pretty close with Nor. They’ve known each other for years so they have a sort of familiar repertoire, but he hasn’t gotten her to open up very much. Byrn has gotten pretty close.
7. Does he make friends easily, or does he have trouble getting along with people?
Makes friends incredibly easy and with everyone, but she does have trouble getting along with most men who have flirtatious natures. She’s prickly, but she’ll still interact with them despite that her interaction is usually more hostile.
8. Which does he consider more important: family or friends?
I guess friends? I mean. Come on.
9. Is the character single, married, divorced, widowed? Has he been married more than once?
Currently single. Never married. Has only been in one relationship. Two, if you count DARP and Carver. But is she really single? IS SHE?! Platonically exclusive?
10. Is he currently in a romantic relationship with someone other than a spouse?
11. Who was his first crush? Who is his latest?
HAHA. I’m sorry. I just completely forgot that her first crush was Azad. HAHA. She was young and he was so cool! Jaqs likes older men ok. She was, like, only twelve maybe so whatever. He wasn’t like family yet. it’s not weird. shut-up. Other than that?? Jaqs doesn’t really have crushes or it drastically changes before it can really get to that point..
As for latest, there may be a shadowy man who has her attention and who is showing more and more qualities that she’s found herself very much attracted to. It’s reaching the crush point. I CAN FEEL IT.
12. What does he look for in a romantic partner?
She doesn’t actively look so can I just skip this question? bye
13. Does the character have children? Grandchildren? If yes, how does he relate to them? If no, does he want any?
(Jaqs doesn’t know how to kids and has never ever thought about having them. She’d avoid that conversation unless the asker is persistent.)
14. Does he have any rivals or enemies?
AGAIN. HAH. Most men?
15. What is the character’s sexual orientation? Where does he fall on the Kinsey scale?
Straight, 0, but will flirt with absolutely anyone.
16. How does he feel about sex? How important is it to him?
Sex is nothing, but a physical enjoyment to her. Sex is just sex. Due to her history, she doesn’t have the healthiest view of sex, but does very much enjoy it. Sex gives her power. The contradiction to this point would be that she doesn’t take to people who are flirty with her so she doesn’t engage in sexual activity very often or really at all unless she is in a relationship or unless she has a strong desire for someone.
17. What are his turn-ons? Turn-offs? Weird bedroom habits?
Turn –ons: Glowing, displays of both outer and inner strength, light touches/strokes to the face, fighting (“Ain’t it funny how fighting has a way of makin’ ya hungry and horny?”), (shh being given control shh), making her laugh which is usually a more difficult feat than one would think unless your name is Byrn apparently. SCOWLING and any form of such.
Turn-offs: Being restricted, getting told what to do, direct flirts and pick-up lines, weakness
Weird bedroom habits: Not really. She bit and clawed a lot with Carver, but that was only in response to his aggression and trying to get the upper hand over him. Usually, she’s a lot more sensual and slow. Jaqs is also very vocal, moaning or pleasantly sighing within every kiss and gasping at pleasant touches.
Scorpio! Here’s some copy & paste information.
The Scorpio sign is the 8th sign of the zodiac. It falls into the 8th house that is ruled by Pluto and represents sex and relationships.
The scorpion is a fierce, allusive, and intense creature. This symbolic match up is no mistake. The Scorpio harnesses the same tenacious maxim as its animal counterpart; sometimes “ the poison is the only cure”. This means that Scorpios are born with a strong will to have control over their own destinies. Scorpios are commonly viewed as the sign of intensities and extremes of the zodiac. They are ruled by their fixed and passionate nature that is hidden behind a seemingly cool and calm facade. They would rather observe and think about what is going on around them than be the center of attention. This secretive nature makes them magnetic to others. This deep emotional passion causes them to be extremely loyal to those close to them. Their passion breeds power, drive, and strong will within in them. Positive traits tend to be determination, fearlessness, poise, loyalty, ambitiousness and intuitiveness. Scorpios extreme passion can also take a dark turn and cause them to be jealous, secretive, resentful and controlling.
Scorpio is a water sign; the element that symbolizes emotion. They possess a certain intuitive nature for reading others’ emotions. This allows them to be able to show appropriate affection in relationships and when to hold back. This trait gives them special caring nature in their relationships. This aspect of the sign can be summarized as psychic and enveloping.
Determined and forceful
Emotional and intuitive
Powerful and passionate
Exciting and magnetic
Jealous and resentful
Compulsive and obsessive
Secretive and obstinate
This feels about right.
2. Is this character religious, spiritual, both, or neither? How important are these elements in his life?
Not religious, although she does not denounce religion or the existence of gods. Religion simple holds no use to her.
3. Does this character have a personal code of morals or ethics? If so, how did that begin? What would it take to compromise it?
She does, but she tends not to reveal them. She won’t torture and unless necessary, she’ll stray away from outright killing a human. She’ll strike them down and incapacitate, but will refrain from lethal actions. She abhors any form of demonic dealings and will not accept anyone that would UNLESS it is actually a ploy for survival that will be rectified. Like, a trick. She appreciates tricks.
4. How does he regard beliefs that differ from his? Is he tolerant, intolerant, curious, indifferent?
Doesn’t care. In the least.
5. What prejudices does he hold? Are they irrational or does he have a good reason for them?
Anything to do with demonic anything. She doesn’t like healing or boosting magic or any magic that affects her person, good or otherwise, due to the torture she went through.
1. What is the character’s financial situation? Is he rich, poor, comfortable, in debt?
Handsome takes care of her very well thank you very much. Office Dogs like him are in high demand.
2. What is his social status? Has this changed over time, and if so, how has the change affected him?
N/A???? She doesn’t have a social status. Low?
3. Where does he live? House, apartment, trailer? Is his home his castle or just a place to crash? What condition is it in? Does he share it with others?
In a studio above a deli. She keeps the place neat and shares it with her dog. It’s just a place to crash.
4. Besides the basic necessities, what does he spend his money on?
She… doesn’t use money so… Jaqs deals strictly in favors and avoids any monetary forms of payment. There are usually others around her that will pay for things.
5. What does he do for a living? Is he good at it? Does he enjoy it, or would he rather be doing something else?
Wander and combat. Very good at it. I’m so tired but I’m so close. I’m so sorry.
6. What are his interests or hobbies? How does he spend his free time?
FOLLOWING A CERTAIN HOODED FELLA AROUND
7. What are his eating habits? Does he skip meals, eat out, drink alcohol, avoid certain foods?
She mostly eats out, having very little culinary skills. She loves her sandwich abominations! She likes berries and bread. Mainly items she can eat quickly and steal just as quickly. Avoids stews and soups and all costs! They just make bread soggy! And she grew sick of it since it was the only thing Calix could make. Throw things in a pot of water until it browns, he said. Gross, she replied.
She also has an infinity for the bite of whiskey thanks to a certain Templar. Sometimes it makes her sad to drink it because of him.
Which of the following do you associate with the character, or which is his favorite:
1. Color? Her favorite are blues. Associate with red. Duh.
2. Smell? Her favorite is the smell of grass after it rains. I associate her with cinnamon scent AND LET ME TELL YOU WHY even though I already have. It’s my favorite way of describing her! Cinnamon because in the right amounts it can be one of the most delectable spices, but too much can burn.
3. Time of day? At sunset.
4. Season? Her favorite is winter for the snow. I associate her with Spring.
5. Book? I….. don’t know.
6. Music? Action-movie type scores.
7. Place? Roof tops
8. Substance? Wind/Water, for the same reasons. Wild and refreshing. I don’t normally go for water because Jaqs is more of the land than one to take to the water.
9. Plant? I DON’T KNOW. NOT HOUSE? CLIMBING VINES???? WHY IS THIS QUESTION HERE I AM SO CLOSE TO THE END I CAN LITERALLY SEE IT
10. Animal? Her favorite is her dog Specifically her dog. For association, I have no freaking idea. Help. Carver used to call her a feline???? THIS IS THE END I’M OUT BYE
Watching this (and fearing broken ankles with each loop) I can’t helping thinking about that old quote Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, except backwards and in high heels.
But no, if you watch closely you’ll see she doesn’t even step on the last chair. That means she had to trust that fucker to lift her gently to the ground while he was spinning down onto that chair. That takes major guts. I’d be pissing myself and fearing a broken neck if I were in her place. Kudos to her.
Acorn: What would your character do if they lived forever?
Azalea: Who does your character wish would take better care of themselves?
Bay leaf: What gives your character strength?
Briony: What’s one time your character has helped a friend?
Cattail: Is your character at…
♥ - What does ‘love’ mean to them?
♠ - What are they afraid of?
♦ - What is one thing about them that they are most proud of?
♣ - What is one thing that they find embarrassing? (About them, others, things in general)
★ - Do they prefer daytime or nighttime and why?
☾- Are they…